Making Your Vintage Ride Extraordinary
Let's be brutally honest: The history of the Chang Jiang is not pretty. In China it's called the "3 bad guy's bike" because it was born in Germany under Hitler as the BMW R71. Then it ended up in Russia under Stalin. And finally came to China in 1957 under Mao Zedong. The Russian and Chinese versions were not just copies, but were being built using the original BMW R71 tooling. It's a lovely bike but with plenty of issues that need to be dealt with. First and foremost is the wiring. Then the motor which was built to very loose tolerances. Same for the transmission and rear drive unit. But the frames are nearly indestructible. And the rest of the bike? Well, that's where we come in. Our goal is to make the Chang Jiang almost Honda reliable.
- 40 years of insider knowledge of the CJ 750 ;
- Good ol' American experience and standards of quality in the motorcycle business;
- The precision of German engineering with time-tested genuine BMW motors .
Come to our shop if you want us to:
- Custom-build your own classic motorcycle
- Totally restore your vintage motorcycle
- Inspect and comb with a fine-tooth a used sidecar you think of buyin
- Custom chrome plate any part of your vintage sidecar
- Engineer a part for you
- Powder coat your frame, hubs, wheels, tub, etc.
- Change your flimsy CJ750 wheels for our exclusive M5 high-quality wheels
- Airbrush and paint your ride with a special theme
- Apply undercoating and rust-proofing
- Convert your underpowered CJ750 motor to a genuine BMW motor
- Perform some preventive maintenance on your ride
- Rewire your bike and do some other custom electrical work
- Set you up with custom leather accessories that look good and feel vintage